The Shadow Network
Candice Anderson "A"
Quote: “Fuck you and the system you rode in on.”
Description: This young black woman sports short, razor-cut hair that sets off her angular face, stocky body and mean disposition. “A” bears no body modifications but still manages to project herself as one tough young woman. She wears durable leather and ragged denim, both of which are always dirty, no matter how recently they were washed.
Her nimbus manifests as brilliant red sparks shedding off her as she moves.
Dedicated Magical Tool: A utility clip from which hangs dozens of keys and lock-picks
Real Name: Candice Briant
Order: Free Council
Mental Attributes: Intelligence 2, Wits 4, Resolve 4
Physical Attributes: Strength 3, Dexterity 4, Stamina 2
Social Attributes: Presence 3, Manipulation 1, Composure 2
Mental Skills: Computer 3 (Hacking), Investigation (Counter-Surveillance*) 3, Occult 3
Physical Skills: Athletics 4, Brawl 1, Firearms 2, Larceny 3, Stealth 4, Survival (Urban) 2
Social Skills: Intimidation 2, Streetwise 2, Subterfuge 3
Merits: Anonymity 4, Area of Expertise (Counter-Surveillance), Fleet of Foot 2, Indomitable, Interdisciplinary Specialty (Counter-Surveillance), Occultation 3, Parkour 4, Sleight of Hand
Speed: 14 (pursuers suffer -2 in any foot chase)
Base Paradox: 1 Dice
Spell Limit: 5/2
Spell Tolerance: 2/2
Arcana: Forces 3, Prime 3, Space 2
Rotes: Forces – Tune In (•), Transmission (••), Unseen Shield (••), Personal Invisibility (•••); Prime – Supernal Vision (•), Counterspell Prime (••), Transform Aura (••); Space – Correspondence (•), Finder (•), Apportation (••), Scrying (••), Ward (••)
Mana/per turn: 11/2
Armor: 1/0 + 3 (Heavy Clothing and “Unseen Shield,” Forces ••)
Maintained Spells: 2 – Supernal Vision (Prime •, Potency 35); Transform Aura (Prime ••, Potency 20)
- "A"’s aura is disguised as a normal sleeper with a Transform Aura spell, only a Supernal Vision (Prime *) with Potency 20+ can detect the spell.
- Attempts to supernaturally mentally influence her suffer a -2 penalty.
- Counter-Surveillance rolls gain a +2 bonus to any skill due to Interdisciplinary Focus and Area of Expertise.
- Larceny actions may be taken as a reflexive action once per turn, observers do not roll notice her larceny rolls unless specifically expecting them.
- Parkour •••• grant her numerous bonuses – In a foot chase she subtracts her Parkour (-4) from successes required; she ignores up to her Parkour (-4) in environmental penalties to Athletics; she automatically mitigates one damage from falling and may mitigate an additional 4 damage beyond the normal maximum; when climbing, she may scale 30 feet as an instant action without needing to roll. Lastly, by spending a willpower point, she may treat any Athletics check as a Rote Action, rerolling all failures.
- Attempts to gather information about “A” by paper trail suffer a -7 penalty, attempts to read her resonance or target her sympathetically suffer a -3 penalty.
Background: There are few clues to "A"’s past — she deliberately destroyed records about herself and her background to “free herself from society’s tyranny.” By the way she talks, she appears to have been well educated and spent some time among willworker society (though this could be just pretense). Now, she’s a hard-ass punk who serves as the cabal’s Farseeker (or “Scrounger”). She cast off her name in favor of the Anarchy symbol.
Storytelling Hints: “A” acts as the active catalyst of the Elect, constantly pushing the boundaries of magic, culture and common sense. It’s evident that if others don’t keep her in check, her activities will quickly become self-destructive.
With her skill in Forces allowing her to easily use “Personal Invisibility” and “Sound Mastery”, “A” is an incredible infiltrator. She often uses this in combination with “Tune In” and “Transmission” to listen in and hijack wireless signals for her own agenda and purposes. Further, because of the Cable’s need for Mana more than any other resource, she often infiltrates other Hallows and uses Siphon Mana and Create Tass to steal from other cables. She has yet to be caught, but it seems inevitable.
If confronted, she will flee; she’s not a fighter, despite her bluster, and survives by being smart enough to not get caught by those who are dangerous enough to hurt or kill her. “A” has never killed anyone and would likely be sickened by the experience if she was forced into a situation where she was forced to.